Monday, October 18, 2010

New Area, New Companion

Date: Oct. 18,2010
Area: Tabuliero/Alagoas
Companion: Elder Villanova
From Southern Brazil

Hey!!!!!
How is everything going? Sorry about last week, we went to 2 different LAN houses and they both didn´t have internet. So I had to type it on word and go back that night to send my email. I knew mom would be waiting for my email.

Yeah Elder Dinwiddie is a cool kid. we did a few divisions and hung out on p-days. that´s cool he has a blog too.

I´m in Maceio, my area is called Tabuliero. My comps is Elder Villanova. He´s way cool, he´s from Southern Brazil and has a cool accent. He´s flying straight to SLC to live there after the mission so I´m gonna try and teach him English, but it´s gonna be a challenge.

I´m living with 5 other Brazilians and it´s crazy!!!! 2 are going home in 3 week so their just chillin with us until then.  Our apartment is pretty nasty and crowded, but our ward seems pretty good, the church is really nice and stuff but the area I´m in is a lot more ghetto and dirty, it´s almost all dirt roads and theirs a ton of people in the street. I´m still trying to get used to the area and meet everyone. This area baptizes a lot more than where I was so I´m excited to work.

Right now we just finished playing soccer, it was okay... but I didn´t know we were gonna email so I didn´t bring my camera. :(   but next week I´ll send a ton of pics. sorry.

I had a letter in the office, and some Elders grabbed it for me but they left it at a store....they are going back to get it right now so I hope it isn´t lost... I´ll be bummed I have no idea who it´s from.

I´ll send Ryan a quick email and see how that kid´s doing... I bet it´s pretty sketchy in Guatamala, especially for a 6 ft 8 white kid.

I hope Matt´s wedding and everything is good. where are they gonna live? you should send me an announcement.

Tell Cody that he´s gonna go to the Brazil, Manaus mission, their building a temple there that you have to use a boat to get there. Brasil is the place to be!

I´m glad Mckay is getting ready to go. I got a letter from him this week, so that was cool.
and I got one from Melanie. Sounds like things are good with Kort and Aust and having Kylee away at school!

I can't wait for my packages!!!! I´m excited and I hope that they don´t take too long!!! I´m scared tho living with so many Brazilians that they won´t last too long. I´m gonna have to ration everything out, the minute that we got settled in they started wanting my stuff. one dude offered me 100 reals for that pair of Nike gym shorts. lol

We taught a few lessons this week and I got to know a few people in the ward. I still don´t really know my way around the area, I think we have 1 baptism marked.

We live right next to a church and it´s so annoying!!! they scream and speak in tongues and all that fun stuff... it´s pretty funny to listen to sometimes. theirs so many churches in Brazil it´s a joke.

Well guys... be safe. I hope you have a good time up in Logan. Tell dad to keep his eyes on the road this time ha ha so he doesn´t crash again.

It´s getting so hot here it´s almost unbearable. I was not made for this heat!!! it´s gonna get way hotter too!!!!!

Well guys I love you.
I wanna tell you guys that I know that this church is true. That we are the only people that have the authority to baptize and that has a true prophet. I know that the Book Of Mormon is true, and that it was translated by Joseph Smith, a prophet of god. I know that I am called here to bring people unto Christ through baptism and receiving the gift of the holy ghost. and that my life will be blessed for this sacrifice´.
Elder Ludlow

No comments: