Monday, August 8, 2011

District Leader

Date: August 8, 2011
Area: Grageru 2, Sergipe
Companion: Elder Carneiro
From: Ceará, Brazil


8-3-11
 Hey Guys, so p day is back to Monday. I just found out last Thursday.

This week was really good! We worked so dang hard! We walked a ton this week too. My calf muscles are way sore. So we marked the baptisms of Michelle, and her parents, Florisval and Inês, they are a really great family, the dad works in a ship so he´s not home a lot. So we´ll baptize them on the 3rd of September. They are really interested in the temple and eternal families. This will be the first baptism I have of a complete family! We have had some great experiences with them!


That guy who is a fiancee of a member is a really cool guy, he likes church, he´s been going for a while. but he smokes a lot, I have taught him and he likes the missionaries, but I don’t know how to get him to stop smoking...

Micah better turn his papers in, if he waits any longer I´ll be at home already! Next time he´s at the house make him email me, and Mckay was asking about him too.

So yeah Elder Crapo went away to Arapiraca, I got way sad, me and him get along really well and we kinda followed each other around the mission. Maybe this means I´ll go back to Arapiraca next transfer??? I´d like that lol. but a bunch of Elders got switched around. So now I´m the district leader.
               (I asked him what his resposibilities are as a district leader.)
I have to get the numbers of my district, pass them to the zone leaders, explain how everyone is doing, do baptismal interviews..

We were gonna take a free Capoeira class, it´s Brazilian martial arts. you should look it up, but we´ll just go next Monday, cause we didn´t have time.

I hope bubba has a good week at scout camp.

Mom that´s great that you had a good trip, it sounds like you saw a lot of amazing things, and felt the spirit. I wanna do a fun trip when I get home. I hope that grandma is having a good time. We´ll get home at around the same time right?

Tell Lyman hi for me! (he's coming to see us on wed.)
That reminds me, this week a member was playing modern warfare 2 and I understood what the Brazilians were saying!

Hey dad and grandpa: this week is fathers day in Brasil, so happy fathers day again!!!

How was Brookie´s and Brian´s birthdays?

That’s cool Brian is going to Elders Quorum now, I hope he likes it.

Not a whole lot else going on.
I love you guys!!! Be safe!

Elder Ludlow
8-1-11


8-6-11


No comments: