Monday, October 17, 2011

Getting a new companion

Date: October 17, 2011
Area: Paraíso, Alagos
Companion: Elder Soares
From: Minas Gerais, Brazil


Oi família!!!


How is everyone doing??? did everyone have a good week???? sorry i´m sending this so late, the Internet was out all day today in my area..

This week was good. we´ve been working with Jaqsons cousin, Fabiano, and we tried to baptize him this week.. but he drank coffee so it´ll have to be next week. he´s an awesome investigator, he understands the messages really well and practically asked to be baptized. he´s really interested about serving a mission. we also confirmed Jaqson, but Junior got the chicken pox, he´s all covered in bumps so it´ll have to be next week. but they are both way excited about the church and are doing good...

We had transfers, and I am staying. I´m happy. Elder Soares and Elder Faria will be transferred. so me and my red headed homeboy Elder Becker are staying in the house with new companions.

The mail here and banks are all on strike.. it´s been like 2 weeks, but they said this Thursday it should all be figured out... I´ve got a bunch of letters to send. I hope they stop the strike soon cause I need my shoes soooo bad, mine are completely worn through and the top is splitting out.

Summer finally started here. it´s getting so hot!!!

I couldn´t do English class this week, I had to go do 3 baptismal interviews this week.

Today we went and visited some members, then my comp went to the hospital... I stayed with Elder Noyes. he got a prescription for his foot.

I always get nervous to get a new comp... I really get along well with Elder Soares, he´s been one of my best companions. he´s a really hard worker.

Family I want you to know that I know that this church is true. I know that we have a true prophet who talks to God and leads this church. I know that God answers our prayers when we pray with faith and are worthy. that an invite to baptism is the only way that I can help these people progress. I love you all and am doing good. the mission is flying by...


This lan house doesn´t take pen drives so I will send fotos next week.. of me and my new comp....


Have a great week... love you all!



boys, cut your hair.



Elder Ludlow

No comments: