Monday, October 3, 2011

General Conference and Baptisms

Date: October 3, 2011
Area: Paraíso, Alagos
Companion: Elder Soares
From: Minas Gerais, Brazil




Hey family,
Another week came and went in the mission field. It was really awesome to watch General Conference. I watched it all besides priesthood, I liked the talks. I dunno if it was just cuz I´m a missionary, but it seemed like they all talked a bunch about missionary work. It was all in Portuguese, They didn´t have the English TV set up. I love the prophet. I felt the spirit so strong when he was speaking, and especially when he was sustained as a leader and prophet of the church.

On Saturday we baptized 2 rapazes. Jaqson and Junior, they both are great young men and will help this branch out a lot. My area is good. I feel like the youth here are way more accepting than adults in this area.


10-2-11

10-2-11


I got an email from my son( Elder Carniero) that he baptized Maelli, a girl I taught with him in Grageru 2. That made me super happy, she was an awesome investigator.

But it´s going pretty good here, we are probably gonna start an English class here in this area; we might start this Saturday...

Thanks for all of the pics. It looks like you guys had a good weekend. Cut you hair Brian and Brandon!
(We went fishing)

It´s starting to get freakin hot. I´m not looking forward to the summer heat.

This Wednesday I have to go to an all-day leadership training.

How´s everyone doin? That’s crazy Kendrick is going to Thailand. (Mission Call)

Dad is super funny, he is just so proud of his new truck. I know how he absolutely loves to get a good deal. I can’t believe he got such a good deal, it´s good to know how to work on cars né?

I´m doing good here, I´m glad to have baptized!!!!

I know that this church is true. I am glad to be here in Brasil as a missionary.
tchau!!!!!

Love, Elder Ludlow




Pictures of our church

No comments: