Monday, November 14, 2011

Church of the Veil

Date: November 14, 2011
 Area: Paraíso, Alagos
 Companion: Elder Devitry
From: Smithfield, Utah

11-10-11

     Hey guys, How´s everyone doing?
I’m doing good. This week was great, It started off really slow, trying to find new people to teach. But we ended up with a lot of lessons, we taught Edjane and she is progressing really well, it’s just that her parents don’t want anything to do with us... she invited us to her church (Church of the Veil) and it was just terrible, everyone yelling and stuff.. They have trumpets and trombones and saxophones. super weird. The women wear veils and the men sit on one side and the women on the other. The pastor was yelling and speaking in ''strange languages'' like gibberish, but we met some of her friends there and she brought 3 people to church, so we had 5 this week. On Wednesday we will invite her to be baptized I’m just nervous cause of her parents, but she really understands what we teach her, and I think she knows what we are teaching her is true.

I also did an interview this week for Boa Vista, the other branch. The lady had so many problems! I felt like a bishop, The zone leaders went to my district mtg. and they will do a division with us on Thursday. Tomorrow we have zone conference.

Today we didn’t really do anything, but 2 elders came to visit people here, and so we went to lunch with them at a member’s house. Next week we´re gonna go to this alligator pond. A member will take us. ´
Our House


My Bed


  But I’m doing good, working hard and having a blast!!!!
 I am loving the mission!!!!
I love you all! Be safe.
Elder Ludlow 

Banana Tree growing in our backyard, waiting for them to grow so we can eat them



11-10-11



No comments: