Monday, November 28, 2011

Less than 6 months

Date: November 28, 2011
Area: Paraíso, Alagos
Companion: Elder Devitry
From: Smithfield, Utah
I have less than 6 Months on the Mission
Hey Guys!
How was everyone´s week? I Hope that everyone had a great thanksgiving. That sucks Brian had to work. We didn´t do anything really, we didn´t even have lunch on that day so we just made lunch at home.

Transfers are this week. I´m staying here in the area and my companion was transferred, so I´ll pass Christmas and my birthday here. I´m curious to know who my new companion will be.

I´ve already got Christmas planned out to use a member´s computer. I just hope the internet is fast enough. I´m pretty sure the chapel has Wi-Fi, so we might take a laptop down there.

So this week we continued to teach Edjane. She told us about her brother that was a member of her church but got into drugs, and about a year ago he got shot. Her other brother also is into drugs and stuff. That church believes that once you are baptized, and you commit serious sins like that, you can’t repent and are going to hell. So we taught her and showed her a bunch of scriptures, and she believes what we teach, but she still doesn´t want to get baptized. She´s had multiple answers that the church is true, but she doesn’t want to go against her family and her church, so it´s complicated, but she went to church and everything.
We found a few other people, but they didn´t go to church. There´s also a really cool lady were teaching, Eliene, but she needs to get married. So I´m gonna keep working with the people that are progressing and I´ll have to find a whole new group.

I hope it starts snowing there for dad to plow.
That’s awesome that the raiders are doing good, I´m excited to watch a football game.
It’s just soccer here 24/7.

My companion has to get all ready to go and say goodbye to some people. So I don’t have a lot of time today.

I love you all and hope you have a great week!
Love, Bradley

No comments: