Monday, November 15, 2010

Crazy week

Date: Nov. 15, 2010
Area: Tabuliero, Alagoas
Companion: Elder Oborn
From Sacramento, California


Elder Oaks talks to Missionaries
10/29/10

Hey guys!!
 This week really was pretty crazy, but its going good here., my comp is Elder Oborn, from Sacramento. He's been out for 10 months, He´s really cool, and he´s definitely ready to work!!! We were in the same district in Arapiraca so I'm excited were gonna try and find a baptism this week we have a few that are close but just have a few little problems that we need to work out before baptism. but we´ve got a good group to teach and a lot of references.


Tomorrow is zone conference, so hopefully I'll have my packages and stuff. it should be good I like the conferences.


Elder Villanova is in the zone still so we´ll see each other every week at choir. Choir is pretty rough still we don't sound that good. but oh well.

I haven't taken new pics since last week at all cuz the 2 days I've been with Elder Oborn have been crazy!!!! so I don't have my camera but next week I'll try and upload all of the mission pics I have so far to that site . That´ll be good to have so I can send you more than just a couple per week.

I'm glad Dad's talk went good in Sacrament meeting. (They asked the parents report on their missionaries, we have 7 in our ward right now)

That's cool that Dad will go to Nauvoo. I bet he´s excited. Grandma will be a good missionary, what kinda things will she do? do the senior missionaries proselyte or what?  (She got called to the Nauvoo Illinios Mission, She has to be in Nauvoo next Fri. , Brad is driving with her then flying home)Thats great that McKay got his call. That should be a really good, interesting mission. (he got called to the Independence, Missouri mission) I really really love it here in Brazil Missao Maceio and sometimes I think of how different my mission would be if I was in the states, because here we teach a lot of people that can't read, and its kinda like teaching kids., it´d be cool to teach some educated people and eat a variety of food. and he´ll only have to be in the MTC for 3 weeks!!!! so that's a huge bonus!!! but I know that I'm here for a lot of reasons and I'm loving it here!!! I bet he´ll have a lot of really smart ppl that know the bible cover to cover, so he´ll have to study hard in the bible and the Book of Mormon. I started a letter to him and I have a few others that I still need to send, but I don't know where a mail place is. but I'll send them tomorrow when we go to  Farol for conference. I was gonna go to pay that dude for the covers, but today is a holiday so everything is closed, so I'll do it tomorrow too.


Next weeks is the 6th month mark!!!!! I'm almost a quarter of the way done already!!!!! that's a crazy thought!!!! its going by really fast but slow at the same time. hard to explain... but before we know it we´ll be talking on the phone. and I'm really excited!!!!! (I can't wait for the Christmas call)

Are the kids up to anything special or just the usual?
Is Brian just working a bunch? how's all the neighborhood like Brad and Jordan and Micah? have you seen Matt since his wedding? I still can't believe one of my best friends is married!!! it seems like yesterday we were in 4th or 5th grade playing Nintendo 64 and riding our bike around the neighborhood!!! lol I'm getting old!!!!

lol but what are Bubba and Brookie up to? tell everyone to email me next week!



10/11/10

But I'm doing good and having fun!!!
Love you guys be safe!!!!
Have a good trip Dad you lucky guy!!!!!

Bradley

No comments: