Monday, December 13, 2010

We had our mission Christmas party today

Date: Dec.13, 2010
Area: Tabluliero, Alagoas
Companion: Elder Oborn
 From  Sacramento, California


Hey guys!!!
Sounds like everything is going okay around the house. that's cool Brookelyn got a calling in Beehives and Micah is teaching primary, tell Micah to write me a stinking letter I wanna hear how everyone´s doing!!!!
I got a letter from Mctizzle my red-headed homeboy today, I have a bunch of letters that I need to send but
 I don't know where the mail place is in this area. but I'll find it this week and send them.

We have a few baptisms marked I don't know how firm a few of them are, I hope they work out, and like half of them traveled this week so its gonna be tough. There's this kid of 16 that's been going to church that wants to be baptized but his dad hates religion and its going to be really hard for him to get baptized, hes a great kid I could see him going on a mission if he gets baptized and his sister went to church this week too.

We had stake conference on Sunday it was really good. Usually sacrament here is really irreverent and hard for me to feel the spirit, but there was some really good talks and I learned a lot. President and Sister Beynon spoke and also a seventy but I can't remember his name. I love hearing Sister Beynon giving talks in Portuguese. she´s such an awesome, sweet lady and she´s a trooper giving talks in Portuguese in front of a big crowd.

Today we had our mission Christmas party. we played games, the Beynons raffled BYU and Utah shirts and ate some good lunch. they gave us presents ( chocolate, tie, socks, handkerchief, and a key chain and lapel pin with the mission logo on it) it was really nice, and I won a BYU shirt.
I'ts weird how this year I don't want anything for Christmas. I'll just be happy talking to you guys, my priorities have definitely changed on my mission.

Hows my buddy Matt doing? where are he and Taleesha living? that's cool McKay leaves in January, when does Cody leave again? he´ll be in Provo for 9 weeks or 12?

It doesn´t feel at all like Christmas here. It's so so SO hot and come to find out that summer doesn't even start until the 21st of this month. lol

Whats Bubba up to? is he still in to riding bikes or does he have a new hobby.

We´ll move in to our new house this week. Its gonna suck cause were on the 3rd floor in our building (to move everything) but it´ll be nice to have a newer nicer house.
So my one of my vans completely ripped in half.... way sad. I don't know if you can send me a new pair? they might not make it in the mail.

How are the Jazz doing I heard that they went undefeated in the pre-season. keep me posted.

Sounds like Grandma is having a great time in Nauvoo ,the mission is a great thing for her she loves to study and learn about the church. Her mission is DEFINITELY different than mine though.

We had a lady make cow feet this past week, my comp ate it but I was too afraid to try it, I would have tried it but the house/ food looked pretty sketchy and I didn't want to get sick.

I'm stoked for Christmas! I hope we can skype I'll try and get it all locked down this week and let you know. I have the program saved to my ipod so should just be able to open it and make a profile. I think the Sisters will call in the morning before lunch because of the time difference and we Americans will be in the afternoon here.


Well that's about all I can think to say, hope all is good love you!!!
Bradley



Dec. 12, 2010

No comments: