Wednesday, March 2, 2011

9 months!

Date: March 2, 2011
Area: Itaporanga,Sergipe
Companion: Elder Smythe
From: San Fransisco, California



Bradley has been out for 9 months! YAY, I can't wait until May when we get to talk to him and he hits the 1 year mark!

Hey Fam!
This week was good. This area is just really hard. basically all of our baptisms fell through and José was the only investigator at church. we haven´t really gotten a hold of Lú in a while, I think she´s kinda avoiding us so I dunno, hopefully we´ll talk to her this week and mark her baptism again and get her to church. the other three ladies fell through, they were on their porch and ran inside when they saw us coming and pretended like no one was home lol.

So yeah it´s a little bit rough here. I´m loving it with Elder Smythe though, he´s a really good guy.

But yeah we spoke again in church on Sunday, it went pretty good. I spoke about faith in Jesus Christ. but no one really pays attention besides the president and one other guy.

It would be really nice if you sent a package, especially if I stayed here for round 3. with some food and treats and stuff. this transfer is only 5 weeks so it´s like half way over already. I don't know if I´ll stay. Elder Smythe is for sure leaving because he´s been three here.

So I weighed myself and I´ve lost like around 10 pounds since I´ve been here in Itaporanga. we have lunch 2, maybe 3 times per week. we just make something easy in the house but its hard to eat for so cheap. I cant wait for my mom´s home cooked meals again!!!

McKay emailed me, he seems to be doing great! I told him how the mission flies by. sometimes theirs rough patches but you look back and realize how fast it goes by.

This week is carnival, like the biggest holiday of the year. Everybody just gets drunk and party for like a week. I think it´s kinda like mardi gras but a lot bigger. we have to be inside by eight this week. but we live in the busiest part of the city so its gonna be really loud all night.

Sorry guys, I still haven't taken pics, I´ll for sure take more and send them next week..

But yeah not a whole lot going on, we´re just doing our best to get this branch up and running again.
love you guys!! be safe,
Bradley

No comments: