Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Excited for General Conference

Date: March 30, 2011
Area: Itaporanga,Sergipe
Companion: Elder Lopes
From: Fortaleza, Brazil




Hey family!
How´s everybody doing?
    I´m doing good, this week was kinda slow. I´m still getting used to being senior companion and everything. It´s not bad it´s just that now I have to think about the numbers of lessons we teach and baptisms we mark, etc... but  it´s good it got me excited to work harder and find more people. This week we completely started over with our teaching group because we were wasting our time with people that weren´t progressing, so we´ve just been making a lot of contacts. We don't really have any great investigators right now.

   But yeah my companion is a pretty good guy. We get along pretty good. He´s from Fortaleza, a few states north of Alagoas, it´s good to be with a Brazilian to speak Portuguese a lot more.

That´s cool that you guys got new chicks. they look cute.
Congrats Brookie on the good grades, that sucks that you´ve been sick. I´ve had a bad head cold for a few days now, but I´m getting over it already.

So 6 Americans are coming next week and 16 missionaries are coming next transfer. so hopefully the visa problem is getting worked out.

I´m excited for General Conference next week. There won´t be very many Americans there so I bet It´ll be Portuguese. but it should be good I'm excited.

I wanna bear my testimony that this church is true and that I´m here to help people to be baptized. I'm glad that I decided to go on a mission, and I know that this church was restored by a prophet of God.

I love you guys!!
Be safe everyone, this computer sucks so I can't send pics. Have a great week.

te amo muito, me sinto saudades de voces.
(Love You, I miss you guys)


Elder Ludlow


hey dad, i hope that your birthday was great and i want you to know that i´m doing great here in brasil. how old are you now? i hope that work and everything is going good! the mission is flying by after this transfer i´ll make a year. tell grandpa happy birthay too. i´m excited for the hunt in 2012!!!

love bradley

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

this is the finest letter. We loved his testimony. All the adversity and newness and challenges-no complaints-just an urge to bear his testimony. What an attitude on general conference.
I am so excited for him getting tanked up on it. This is really a wonderful letter this week. I know you are proud.
thank you sharing it.
love, Grandpa and Grandma Linda